Friday, September 28, 2012

big pillow



This is my big pillow.  It was fairly easy to make. All it is is a jelly roll for the top.  I used a patch from a different fabric and sewed it in the middle to cover the whole that was there.  I then used a completely different fabric for the back side of it.  I cut all the long jelly roll slices in half.  After which I sliced them into triangles, obviously not very even ones. I was trying to be quick about making this.  I then sewed the triangles together. I did it in sections then sewed all the sections together.  My middle looked really weird, and it didn't turn out the way I expected. It was really simple though, until my machine broke.  But, I got it back, and finished my pillow. I used 3 and a half old standard size pillows to stuff this one. The next one I make I will stuff with pellets and do according to someones tutorial.  There are a couple good ones out there.  So, if you want to try your own, I suggest This site.  I need to learn the "trimming" part of the tutorial.....I thought that was a little hard to understand! But, I like the way mine turned out.  Here are some more pics of my pillow:

back

puppy likes




No comments:

Post a Comment